Welcome to Voss. The best town in the world. Well, if you ask us, anyway. Which is why we are so proud to welcome you to our town. Paradise if you love kayaking. It has not got the worlds best weather but plenty of rivers to offer. Guaranteed!
If you only got a couple of hour we can offer you Europes only tandem Whitwater kayaking with no previous experience. If you have days in Voss to spend your realy lucky. We offer hourly based or day trips in guiding or coaching. Set up logistics and accomidition to make your life the adventure it is.
Voss is our town and we live it up here, we know the customs and the people who shap this place. This place has entertainment, art, culture, outdoorsy people, restaurants and bars to keep hunger and thirst at bay.
Nightlife & Culture
Year around you can find a big range of concerts and cultural events. Every year Voss hosts the biggest extreme sports festival in the world.
At night Voss is more or less calm. At weekends you can visit the Pentagon club in the Park hotel or go to the Cinema. The ultimate Norwegian nightlife experience is when a local invites you to a vorspiel. (Vorplay) please do not misunderstand- it is a long traditional way of partying together before going out. If this is not enough partying for you, consider a weekend in Bergen. Bergen has all you need to get your dance floor moves on.
- Capital City: Oslo
- Population: 4,8 million
- Size: 324200 km2 the same size as Germany!
- Money: Norwegian Krone = 100 Ore
- Vikings (happy and murderous)
- Union of Denmark and Sweden (fairly happy)
- Danish domination (not happy)
- Swedish domination (pissed)
- Free (very happy)
- A short visit of the Germans (again pissed)
- Considering a visit to the EU (sceptical)
How to get there
- By plane 1: fly into Bergen and catch the airport bus into town then hop on to the train to Voss. You can do all of this with boat and gear. Just take a strap along to tie the boat upright in the train so it doesnt get in other peoples way.
- By plane 2: Fly into Oslo and take a scenic train ride directly to Voss. They maybe charge something extra for your boat.
- By car 1: drive up to Denmark, take the bridge over to Sweden and go on to Norway.
- By car 2: drive up to Denmark, take the ferry from Hirtshals to Kristiansand.
- By car 3: drive up to Denmark, take the ferry from Hirtshals to Bergen.
- Oslo - Voss by car 6h
Bergen - Voss by car 1h 30min